• Vintage: Château Hostens-Picant 2015
• Designation of origin: Sainte Foy Bordeaux
• Terroir: Clay-limestone
• Grape variety: 70% merlot - 30% cabernet franc
• Vinification/maturation: Vinification in stainless steel Vats. Maturation in barrels for 10 to 12 months.
• Age of the vines: 15 to 20 years
• Yield: 35 to 40 hectoliters per hectare
• Aging potential: 10 to 15 years
Its carmine red color has bright purple highlights.
At the first nose, it reveals intense notes of liquorice, iris and blackberry. After a few minutes of aeration, it gives off sweet aromas of spices and cold smoke.
The attack is frank followed by a tannic frame both sweet and still tight.
The fresh finish like a basket of fresh fruits lets guess the greatness of its limestone soil.
The Château Hostens-Picant rouge is the signature red wine produced at the Château Hostens-Picant. It is produced with great care and close attention to detail. For its plot selection, the most mature vines are prioritized. Its terroir and production techniques make sure it ages in the very best conditions. It is available in many places of excellence and distinction.
• Serving temperature: 16-17 degrees Celsius
• Food pairings: Red meats, lamb, duck confit, livarot, cheese, etc.
American Journalist James Suckling : 91-92
Wine Spectator Magazine: 89-92
Le Figaro Magazine: 15
British Journalist Jancis Robinson : 16
British Journalist Tim Atkin : 89
Gold Medal Concours de Bordeaux 2017