• Vintage: Cuvée des Demoiselles 2015
• Designation of origin: Sainte Foy Bordeaux
• Terroir: Clay-limestone -flint
• Grape variety: 60 % Sauvignon - 40% Sémillon
• Vinification/maturation: Alcoholic fermentation in barrels. Maturation in 400 liter barrels for 9 to 10 months. Maturation on lees with regular stirrings.
• Age of the vines: 10 to 15 years
• Yield: 35 to 40 hectoliters per hectare
• Aging potential: 7 to 10 years
The Cuvée des Demoiselles is the Château Hostens- Picant’s signature white wine. The vines are grown on the vineyard’s best clay-limestone and clay-flint plots. It is often recognized as being one of the very best Bordeaux white wines. It is produced with the greatest care and attention to detail. Its maturation phase in barrels gives the wine a very pleasant structure and helps it to age in the very best conditions. It is available in many places of excellence and distinction.
Its color is pale yellow with bright green reflections.
This "Demoiselles" 2015 has an intense aromatic bouquet of exotic fruits, jasmine and pineapple Victoria. In the mouth, the solar power of the vintage is found through its suave, coated texture but its clay-limestone origins give it a fresh and mineral finish.
Its richness allows to consider a good ten years potential of ageing.
• Serving temperature: 12-13 degrees Celsius
• Food pairings: White meat veal, scallops, fish, cheeses, etc
US journalist Antonio Galloni for the Vinous magazine: 89- 91
US journalist James Suckling: 90-91
British journalist Tim Atkin: 93
British journalist Jancis Robinson: 16